Who

Oct 9, 2009

In my years at high school I've never had the desire to be in the popular crowd. I'm fairly sure there isn't even any "popular" groups in my school. Maybe there's some people more known than others but I don't think they're necessarily popular. I learned my lesson long ago in elementary that popularity isn't that great. When I was in grade 6, I had some good friends. Real ones. We'd play a game I created where you throw a penny then the other people playing gotta go find it. The first one to find it gets to throw it. Life was good. It was probably the most expensive game on the playground haha. Then I started leaving my 2 main friends that I played with, to go play red rover with the popular people. I did have some good memories, but I didn't build a meaningful friendship tv them. They were a year older so when they moved on to the highschool, the friendship pretty much died. I regret it now. I really do badly. Because I lost time to make a great connection with REAL friends. I see them in the halls and I can't even say hi to one if them. I just saw my friend and we were standin. At the corner waiting to cross the street. But we were so far apart now as friends that I just looked away. We talked when I was in grade 8, she and another friend were some of the only people I knew when first getting there. People change, and I believe that when I ditched them years ago, I stopped building the friendship. When a comedian came to my school in grade 9, he talked about how we should say hi to old friends in the halls. And that presentation made me realize how sucky this whole situation was. I am gonna hold on to the friends I have, the best that I can.
-dash

Sorry

0 comments: